Friday, February 27, 2009

Daily Gym

Have any of you ever heard of "The Logical Song" by Supertramp? Well, I'm feeling that my beautiful (and magical) life is being crushed and burned-and kicked. A lot. Today, we found out that our school would be receiving "the gift" (as my teacher said, I think its more of a curse) of daily gym, or as I like to say HELL. Now, I know all you ultra jocks reading this are probably scoffing at me, and thinking "What an idiot", but allow me to explain; see, you guys are school royalty, kings and queens, but we mere unpopular mortals, are usually less athletic than you. So for people like me, daily gym is torture. So to you popular royalty, I say "Shut up!". Here's what will happen to me if I submit to daily gym.

  1. I will melt like the wicked witch of the west in contact with water
  2. I would have so little energy for anything after period four, and thus my grades would suffer as well as my body.
  3. I would have one of the following; a cardiac arrest, frost bite (from being forced to go outside), or a brain tumor formed from pure boredom.

You know, gym for me has always been like Drama class. I never have to do anything, all I have to do is have the teachers think I'm participating. For example, during the basketball unit last year, all that "Oh yeah I'm open" crap was totally fake. That's one advantage of being unpopular, nobody ever lets you do anything in gym. I guess that's what popular people think is torture to us... well, your WRONG. We (or at least I) love it. I get to have a pleasant stroll along the gym, while everyone else is running and jumping, and sweating, and panting like a dog. I always feel so bad for them when they come walking into their next class with tomato red faces. But inside, I laugh at them.


P.S. If you didn't understand my brilliant metaphor at the beginning, check out my post with the Supertramp song right above this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment