Saturday, February 28, 2009

New York; Most Miserable City (Not Chicago)

Chicago? Miserable? I think not! New York is the most miserable, not Chicago. Here's why I think New York is the most miserable.
  1. New York is obviously jealous of Chicago, since they stole Marshall fields, and a city with jealousy isn't a happy one!
  2. It has soooooo many homeless people, and I don't think they are at all happy.
  3. New York has too much polution, whereas Chicago is the cleanest city in the US.
  4. New York is known for its architecture, yet they insist on taking apart details to sell them.
  5. New York is incredibly crowded, there's no room to move!
  6. It has too much crime.
  7. It's way too dirty for my tastes.

2 comments:

  1. Chicago has higher crime. Chicago is ranked dirtier. The winters in Chicago are absolutely unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the media portrays Chicago as the dirtiest and most miserable. . . . I mean have they ever BEEN to the city?? And knowing most of these "ranking" companies are situated in LA or NYC, shouldn't they know an obvious contrast when they see one? Also, my friends and I (in freaking high school!) go downtown and stay for the whole day, taking the past-midnight outbound Metra train home, fairly often, and I've never had any problems with feeling unsafe. It's just such a nice ambience. Can't do THAT in NY or LA! I would agree that Chicago does have very chilly winters brought on by the sharp winds from the lake, but it's only a bit colder than NYC winters from my experience. . . . Haha, my rant is done.

    ReplyDelete