Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The chase-a story concerning bikes, a school secretary, and a mistaken pursuer

It was 10:30 o'clock when I went out on my bike trip. It was a trip of great importance, a matter of life or death (Okay, so maybe it was more like good grade or okay grade, but life or death sounds so much more dramatic.) So, I set out at a breakneck speed, rushing through the quiet streets and picket fenced yards, and to my school. Unbenounced to me, a jogger who was in as much hurry as me was right behind me. To the common, not so intelligent eye it looked as if I was being pursued by the jogger. As I neared the school, so did the jogger, and at that very moment, a friendly school secretary was looking out the window. To her, this moment looked like a chase taken from a Stephen King novel, and she, most likely wanting to be the heroine of the story, ran to the door and buzzed me in. Now, when I came in, I thought she was merely being friendly, but I knew this wasn't the case when she said "Are you alright? Do you know who that man was? Do you want me to call the police?" I was confused. I said, forgetting my matters, "What are you talking about?" She said "You know, the man who was chasing you!" "Nobody was chasing me." feeling I needed to say more, I said "sorry" We stood there in awkward embarrassed silence until the secretary said "Well... then why are you here?" "I have to give a package to a teacher." "Go ahead then..." I think I crushed her dreams.

3 comments:

  1. oh silly little Max... that wasn't a jogger, that was an axe murderer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. I was just reading the jogging guy's blog and he says YOU were the pursuer...

    ReplyDelete