Sunday, November 14, 2010

How Times Have Changed

Many of us have seen it-ads that simply make you think "Gosh, if those were on today...." I recently found some prime example of these, in it's most pure (or should I say impure?) form. Yes my friends, they are old cigarette commercials! No applause? Very well then....let's begin.

Here's our first smoky specimen, this one with some extra Christmas cheer.


First off, let me start with the giant purple gorilla in the room. What kind of a cheap good-for-nothing buys somebody a cheap pack of cigarettes for christmas? That doesn't even qualify as a stocking stuffer! Plus, your basically giving somebody lung cancer for Christmas, and that certainly doesn't put me in the mood for caroling and merry making.

Up next in our cough inducing agenda is this lovely commercial. Let's see if any of you can guess why it was banned....

Seriously? That was not "kool". This is almost as bad as Joe Camel! You've got to love how truly evil the old corporations used to be. What I find strange about the commercial is how the other child was leaning inside the jacket of the other kid. What in the world was that for?

Our final video is a classic.

Well that totally takes away all former fears I used to have about cigarettes. I mean, now that I know that our wise doctors smoke, I think I might take it up myself! But seriously, this has to be the commercial that time has treated the worst. Wouldn't it be just awful having your doctor puffing smoke in your face during your examination?

Thank goodness smoking has been banned on the air-waves, I couldn't stand having to hear the drible the cigarette companies had to offer us.

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm going to have to think of a different Christmas present for you...

    ReplyDelete