Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Hate Remakes.

As many of those who are especially close to me, remakes of incredible songs make me angry to the point of forming green skin, and turning my trousers into short shorts. What especially makes me angry is when the new remake is so unbearably annoying that you have trouble listening through the whole thing. This most tragic of events recently happened to me, while looking up one of my favorite songs, Self Control by Laura Branigan, and I found not only one but TWO horrible remakes.

In case you don't know the beautiful original song, here it is.

Wow. That is one incredible song.

And here's a not so incredible version of it, sang in Hindi. I kid you not.

If that's not the most annoying thing I ever heard, I don't know what is. I also want to know why a badly dressed woman with obviously fake curls is dancing around a warehouse full of giant ice-cubes, while singing to an excersize obsessed man who is clearly ignoring her. Maybe it's an Indian thing...

Time for remake number two! what especially bothers me about this one is how they turned an incredible pop song into one that you'd expect to hear at a seedy strip club.

I mean, seriously, what guy wears a fish-net shirt? And what girl is attracted by men wearing fish-net shirts? That'd be a bit of a turn off for me, at least. Another thing that bothers me is how ugly the main singer is, and yet all those random "creatures of the night" want her desperately. What's so special about her?

Thank you all for listening to my angry rant! I do hope you all agree with me, because if you don't, I'm afraid I'll have to excommunicate you from my life. On that happy note, have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Poor Laura. She would NOT like those remakes I suspect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE VIDEOS AREN'T WORKING!
    I looked up the original and you're right it is amazing.
    Ps I hope I'm forgiven for taking so long to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I stay angry at you when you compliment the best song ever written?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIZZIE said...
    Guess what else? You know the song right round? Apparently there an original, it's like "you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby something something something something..." anyways, i dont know if Robin's told you, but in our blog family my names Anna Amanda and Courntey's is Sally Sue. So... ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew of the original, love it, and have it on the good ole' ipod, but I never heard of the knew one!

    ReplyDelete