Monday, November 15, 2010

An Ode to Mondays

As most of you (hopefully) know, today is Monday. As I also hope you know, it is the worst day of the week. What's that you say? You say it's a chance for a fresh new week? A new start? Well I say Hum-bug! We are a culture who have always besmirched Mondays, and we (and me!) don't intend to stop now. To prove all those who oppose of my undoubtably correct opinion, here are a couple of musical numbers to back me up, and really, who can argue with those?


The first song that comes to mind is "Manic Monday" by the Bangles.

Like those five charming ladies, I too wish that it were Sunday. So very, very badly. But then again, I'd much rather it were saturday, but that wouldn't rhyme, now would it?

If that lovely song didn't convince you of my point, then...
a) SHAME ON YOU!
b) WHY NOT?!
c) Prepare yourself for another song!


This one is from the incredible post-punk band ever, New Order.

It's all in the name people! Though I'm not quite sure if it's all in the lyrics...but back to the point! Blue equals sad right? And sad=bad! Hence, one could construe the song to mean that Mondays are the true root of all evil.

Our third, and arguably best song is "I don't like Mondays"

Need I even make a point here? Not only do people not like Mondays, as is evident in the song title, but it leads you to commit hainus acts of murder. If that doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

Well, that's all for today everybody, hope you all had a lot of fun reading, and that I brightened you undoubtably dull and tiresome Monday.

4 comments:

  1. ...but today is TUESDAY! I'm confused...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was done yesterday, silly goose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wake up tired Monday mornings stink (Except Skye Sweetnam said it less nicely). Song: Billy Shakespear by S.S. I know, Max, a bit out of your beloved 80's, but hey! At least I found one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'll look that song up eventually, but I hate living in the present! I much rather live in the far past!

    ReplyDelete