Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can YOU understand?

Hello loyal followers! I'm sure everybody who is reading this at some time or another heard a song, that no matter how hard you try, you can never for the life of you decipher the lyrics. Often times, these songs drive you to insanity, to the point of pulling out your hair in frustration. So naturally, I want to show you some of these so you can suffer along with me!! It's almost like a game show, except if you actually understand what they're saying, their's no prizes. Or applause. But you can always applaud yourself, right?

Anyhow, let's go to round one. Can YOU hear what they're saying?
I'm now picturing the undoubtably shocked/confused look on your face. And possibly giggling at the thought. But anyhow, here are the official lyrics, which I seriously think were invented at the last minute.

there's an army

on the dancefloor
it's a fashion
with a gun my love
in a room
without a door
a kiss is not enough

in
love my way
it's a new road
i follow where
my mind goes

they'd put us
on a railroad
they'd dearly
make us pay
for laughing
in their faces
and making it our way
there's emptiness
behind their eyes
there's dust
in all their hearts
they just want to
steal us all
and take us all apart

but not in
love my way
it's a new road
i follow where
my mind goes

swallow all your tears my love
put on your new face
you can never win or lose
if you don't run the race
I'm confused too. Ready for round number two? Me neither! But the show must go on....


This one is slightly harder than the first one first one. I know, quite hard to believe isn't it?
 The only thing I can understand is the chorus, and not even all of that either. Now, let's reveal the lyrics. Prepare to be shocked.
Poor old Johnny Ray
Sounded sad upon the radio, he moved a million hearts in mono.
Our mothers cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you're grown, so grown, now I must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
and we can sing just like our fathers.

Come on Eileen,
I swear (well he means) At this moment you mean everything,
With you in that dress my thoughts I confess verge on dirty
Ah come on Eileen.

These people round here wear beaten down eyes
Sunk in smoke dried faces they're so resigned to what their fate is,
But not us, no not us we are far too young and clever.
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Eileen I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Eileen, I swear, well he means
Ah come on let's take off everything,
That pretty red dress Eileen (Tell him yes)
I wonder if these lyrics are supposed to make sense, because if so, it's not working out.....
Time for our third and final round of confusing, and physically impossible to understand lyrics. Oh Come on.... You don't have to look so happy!
Here's the video! Good luck. Your going to need it....

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that I understood what they were saying 88% of the time deserves applaud. but since I can't applaud myself because I'm supposed to be asleep, Max, you'll have to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete